Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Latest...

Probably our most exciting news is that we are expecting baby #4, and its a girl!  I am due September 24th, only 15 weeks to go! (15 long, hot weeks :))  You would think I would learn and aim for a spring baby, but at least we are no longer in Vegas and it wont be as hot.  I know it will be here before I know it.  Honestly I have a little trepidation, only because I know whats coming, no sleep, out of control emotions... It will also be right as Bailey is starting 1st grade and Sophie will be starting preschool, its going to be interesting to see how I can balance everything.  I have a lot of loving people around me who I know will do what they can to help out and she will be worth every ounce of exhaustion!  Kyle was hoping for another boy for Dax, but I knew it would be a girl before we even found out we were expecting.  He is excited though, this just means him and Dax are going to have to find strength in each other... Can you imagine 3 teenage girls under the same roof? There are four girls in my family but the last of us were so spread out I had my "teenage" years pretty much alone.  Only Richard had to put up with me, I like to think I wasn't that bad... :)

When we first came to Pioche we moved in with Kyles parents (bless their hearts).  Its actually kind of hard to find places to rent in Pioche.  There is not that many vacant houses and the ones that are vacant are own by the children of parents who have passed away and they like to keep them for vacation homes.  We were lucky to have this home work out for us. It is actually only two houses down from Kyles parents house and the kids love to walk back and forth to Nana and Papa's house.  Kyles grandparents live across the street from us.  I am only about an hour and 15 min form my parents.  Kyle and I both love to be around family so it works out really nice for us. 

Bless my husbands heart he has been working so hard for us.  He cleaned out this area and fixed up the swings and made a sand box for the kids.  They love to be outside, it has been so nice.  It reminds me lot of the childhood I had, so much freedom.

My mom watched my kids for a few days for us and while we were gone they planted some pees and carrots.  They are doing pretty good.  We should be getting some pees here pretty quick, that is if the deer don't eat them all.  If you look close you can see that have already eaten my first row... stinking deer.  Oh ya, they have also eating all of our flowers we planted!!

Kyle built me this garden box last weekend and we planted a bunch of stuff for the summer, hopefully it all grows. I love squash and zucinni out of the garden and onto my grill... so yummy!

The House had been pretty much vacant for a couple of years so there is a little "bird couple" that has a nest in our rafters on the front porch.  Its fun to watch them, they will fly to this tree and stare you down until you leave the porch and then they will zoom into their nest.  Bailey tries to tell them not to be so scared, we are not going to hurt them, but so far they don't trust us!  We also put out a humming bird feeder and have been enjoying watching them come and go.  I haven't been able to catch them with my camera yet.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Yay! Ok, so now I remember when you're due and that's cool you guys got a place of your own. We saw you in Feb and I didn't know you were looking to move. Time flies, it's already June and we haven't been back to Panaca since. I guess sometime this summer we'll get there. Don't blame you for not missing the extreme heat of Vegas- it's already miserable and I wish we had our own pool in the backyard. We just have to bum off other people. Hope to see you guys soon.

Chris & Kimber said...

Yay for an update!! I love the new fam pic that you put up to. Its super cute. Love you guys!