Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our new house!

So Kyle and I bought our first house!! Here she is... we love it and it has an unfinished basement, so we have room to grow as needed. Right now its kind of a mess, with boxes everywhere, I've decided that we have waaayyy too much stuff. This is our back yard, one of the reasons we chose this house was because the yard is huge! almost a 1/2 acre, we will see if we still like it after we have to mow it a few times... Another picture of our backyard. the first one was straight out our door, this is to the right and the next is to the left. This is my garden... hopefully something grows. I do not have the best track record for keeping plants alive. Kyle keeps teasing me about "growing a garden" but I am determined. Right now I have peas planted... wish me luck! Notice the netting, a neighborhood cat was trying to use it as his litter box, so I covered it but it also works well for keeping my kids out of too, although they still managed to get some rocks in and they are constantly trying to put sticks in it...
We have been doing lots of projects around the house just trying to make it feel like ours. We replaced an old gold fan with this chandelier, that I love and we have been painting, painting, painting. Did I mention we've been painting!
So when we decided to paint the ENTIRE house we thought "no big deal just paint," well its a little more involved then I realized and while I love the new colors, if I ever see a paint brush again it will be too soon! Once I get more organized I will post more pics of all of our projects!

5 comments:

Stacey T. said...

What a BEAUTIFUL house!! Congratulations to you and Kyle!! Can't wait to see more pics!

Unknown said...

Oh, so jealous you get a house. That will be YEARS down the road. But congratulations. It's beautiful and the yard is really nice, too.

Kara said...

It looks awesome- I'm so jealous of your yard and a basement! I said the same thing about painting when we painted our first house. That's why our new house has yet to be painted and we've been in it for a year! We still have lovely gold fans and light fixtures that we are trying to replace. There's always some kind of project. Congrats though- so happy for you guys! Just wondering if we're ever going to see you again!

Connie Lytle said...

I am so happy for your guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Super, super cute!! Congrats! LOVE THE YARD!!!!!