Saturday, March 21, 2009

All Better!



We went to the Doctor on Thursday and she said everything looks good! Unfortunately this meant she got her immunization shots. Which if you don't know I have a slight fear of needles even after having two babies I still cant seem to get over it. I made Kyle take Bailey for all of her shots I was with them, well actually I was out in the hall, I was with them in spirit. This is the second time Sophie has had shots and I have had to go alone both times because of Kyles schedule. The first time I didn't even try I just told the guy sorry and stood across the room looking away while he did it. This time I told myself to be strong and that Sophie needs me and I was going to hold her and be there for her... until the nurse walked in with the needles. Just looking at them made me sick to my stomach and I got lightheaded and had to sit down. I know my 3 year old nephew can handle needles better then I can! I don't know what the deal is! One of these days she is going to be too big and need some one to hold her well lets just hope Kyle can be there that day!

Gean Luke who is the Lincoln county nurse gave Bailey a round of her shots while we were living out in Pioche for the summer Kyle had an internship out there. She coincidentally gave me my senior shots... lets just say it was a memorable day. When we walked in she smiled at me and said I remember you, maybe you should just wait out here! I guess we all have our kryptonite.
Okay so she has crazy eyes in this picture but I still think its cute! We are so blessed the girls are doing so well!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so glad the girls are feeling better. I can't believe you're that afraid of needles! I'm sorry!

Portia said...

I was going to comment on the Jean Luke incident...I was there in the flesh if you remember. That is funny she still remembers you after all this time. If it makes you feel any better I can't handle Lucas' shots either and I am not scared of needles.:) So glad the girls are feeling better.

Chelsea said...

Eva, your girls are so cute! I'm glad they are doing better. RSV is so scary!! Since Hunter is a preemie, he has to get a shot every month to help protect him against it. (with a golden price tag of $1000! EACH!!) Bailey looks just like Kyle!! Glad you are all doing well, and you look great!!!

Stacey T. said...

Im so glad they are both feeling better, I know that must of been scary! I had to stand out in the hall for about the first 6 months while Lauren got shots, Im not afraid of needles but I HATED seeing her go through it!

Chris & Kimber said...

Can I just tell you guys how much we love ya and miss ya! So glad to hear that the girls are doing better and getting cuter by the day.