Sunday, August 1, 2010

phew...

Wow life has been busy as of late... busy but good. We are pretty much all moved in now, thanks to all those who helped out! For now we are just renting an apt. until we get to know the area a little better. We have been having lots of adventures. I have to say I have been spoiled for the past few years, we had a two car garage in Vegas and now we have one covered parking spot and of course we are on the second floor. It makes it a little hard to get all the kids in and out of the car and then even harder if I go grocery shopping or anything like that. I pretty much limit our outings to about one a day, its pretty exhausting toting my three kidos around. The other day I got brave and decided I would run to Wal Mart all by myself (me and the kids) things started out okay but then Dax started crying and Sophie was pulling everything off the shelves and Bailey was having a hard time staying close to me and we were about half done shopping... So I pulled Dax out of his car seat and put Sophie in it and threatened Baileys life... ha ha... more like I bribed her with the promise of a new cartoon. Of coarse we had to have the huge shopping cart with the two seats in the back, which doesn't have the kid seat in the cart. So Sophie quickly falls asleep so now I have no where to put Dax who is no light weight mind you. So we finish our shopping and go to the checkout. The cashier lady looks at me like I was crazy then she asked me if I had twins, I told her no... so then we head out to the parking lot. For some reason that day I had chosen to park in the north forty .... Bailey is trying to help me push the cart, but shes three... I am still carrying Daxton and pushing the cart. By the time I finally make it to the car my arms are shaking and I am out of breath! and once home I have to figure out how to get all the kids up stairs and the groceries and get them put away with my now screaming children... Funny thing is, I still really love being a mom.
One of the many nice things about being up hear is we get to be around more family. My sister lives about 45min from us and has three little ones that my kids love to play with. We are lucky that we get to spend time together. The other day we went to a "parade preview" thing in Draper. They had all the floats in this big expo center and they had marching bands "marching" around and stage and treats and as you'll see by the pic's below face painting. It was lots of fun. Sophie even held still and let them paint her face.


we love our cousins !!

Oh ya for those who are wondering Bluffdale is on the west side of the I-15 right at the point of the mountain between Lehi and Salt Lake, basically...
We have been having lots of fun more posts to come.



3 comments:

Portia said...

Glad you are at least a little settled in. You are brave, I never go grocery shopping by myself and I only have 2. :)

Kara said...

Oh girl, I feel that way at the store and I only have 2 kids with me! I don't know how you would do Wal-Mart with three kids! I would just refuse- wait till Kyle gets home. So, it looks like you're having so much fun and that's cool, for you. Meanwhile, we miss you!! Glad to know you're not too far away!

Stacey T. said...

So glad to hear you are all settled in and loving it! It's always nice to be by family!
lol I seriously got wore out after reading about your walmart trip, you are tougher than me!!